top of page
Public Speaking Workshop
Remember! The more you put into this process, the more you will get out of it.
Study hard and come to class ready to participate!
Over the next few weeks you are going to learn the practical skills and gain the personal confidence to communicate effectively in public in English.
We start this process with a discussion of the history and theory of rhetoric.
We want to make the most out of the live sessions together so we have designed some materials that you should study in advance.
1. Watch the video to get an introduction to some fundamental concepts.
2. Prepare a task to discuss and present in the next class.
This will prepare you for the live, interactive session in which we will have fun putting the theory into practice. You will be discussing, debating and, yes indeed, making speeches right from the very first moment of the program!
1. Watch the VIDEOS
Watch the video at least once before our first class.
2. Prepare this PRACTICAL TASK
Now you have watched the video you can start preparing for your first task.
"Tell me about yourself..."
This is a deceptively difficult question to answer well. Here are our suggestions for the best way to respond:
1. Restrict your answer to thirty to forty-five seconds in length.
2. Split the response into three parts
- What you have achieved.
- Who you are as a person.
- How you can help the audience.
3. Practice it until the words flow naturally and confidently.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
See you soon!
We are looking forward to meeting you in first live session!
We are here to help if you have any questions or need assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.
bottom of page